Why CASI ought not to be associated with Holocaust deniers

I was hoping that this should be obvious, but it seems that it isn't, so
I'll spell it out.

1) They are irrational liars. CASI has made people sit up and take note by
having a command of reasoned argument based on verified facts. Holocaust
denial is firmly rooted in falsehood, as the recent 'Irving Trial' [Irving
was the prosecutor, not the defendant] demonstrated very well. Irving is one
of the cleverest and best-informed of the deniers, and even his stuff can be
pulled to bits by two or three people who know the archives.

2) They are evil and nasty people who would get rid of most of us if they
triumph: their ideal world is actually _worse_ than the extremely screwed-up
one that we live in now.

3) Their prescence discredits us among those whose support we need. The
point is to change the world: to get a result. Giving these people a
platform will not move us in that direction, because . . .

4) Pro-Zionists and pro-US apologists absolutely *love* it when people on
our side confuse anti-Zionism and pro-Arab politics [ie respect for
humanity] with anti-Semitism. It plays into their hands by strengthening a
central tenet of racist Zionism, which holds that all anti-Zionism is the
same as anti-Semitism. I've heard this from Zionists. Of course, it isn't
true: indeed, in order to retract the diaspora into the state of Israel,
many Zionists connived with anti-Semitism.

5) It's off-topic. The post was a spam message advertising a website that
has nothing to do with ending sanctions on Iraq.

Chris Williams