Re: Seasons Greetings

Yes, as you say Iraq's official internet domain name ending is ".iq", but
one (the?) current email service in Iraq has the domain name
"uruklink.net" (.net being an ostensibly international domain name). This
is in the same way that some internet users in the UK have email addresses
ending ".net"  or ".com" (e.g. btinternet.com) rather than ".uk".

In Iraq's case one reason for this was no doubt that at the time
uruklink.was established ".iq" was not yet registered for Iraq.

Incidentally, I believe the news article is incorrect when it states that
internet access is not yet available in users' homes in Iraq.

Might I also add my thanks for Peter's news clippings and wish everyone a
good break.

seb

CASI's website - www.casi.org.uk - includes an archive of all postings.