FW: urgent Iraq - call Congress right now!

fyi - forwarded from the Al-Awda list (Palestinian Right to Return) - best,
f.
Date: Wed, Dec 19, 2001, 10:47 pm

In a message dated 12/19/2001 5:42:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RKamel@afsc.org writes:

> If you are in Chaka Fattah's district, you can call his DC office at (202)
> 225-4001. (I just spoke with a staff person there who said they have
> received several calls, all against the bill.)

Rachel ... are you able to call the three major stations while they are
still
on the air (NOW) and make a statement on behalf of AFSC or JMJP?

- Mark

I've just learned that the House will probably vote this evening on a bill
(HJRes 75) that would allow Bush to dramatically escalate the "war on
terror" by expanding it to Iraq. Please call your representative in Congress
to urge them to vote against this bill, which will not only cause countless
additional deaths and injuries but could have uncontrollable and devastating
consequences for the stability of the region.

If you are in Chaka Fattah's district, you can call his DC office at (202)
225-4001. (I just spoke with a staff person there who said they have
received several calls, all against the bill.)

For more background on the bill and the issue, log onto the Friends
Committee on National Legislation (www.fcnl.org; click on "hot topics").

To find out who your representative is & what their e-mail, fax, and phone
number is, you can link onto the "Capitol Advantage" service from the FCNL
site - http://capwiz.com/fconl/home/.

Views are those of the owners.  Views may not be construed as reflective of
the Palestine Right to Return Coalition.

If you're Jewish please support the Jewish statement supporting Palestinian
refugee rights especially the Right to Return. For details go to
www.TheStruggle.org

CASI's website - www.casi.org.uk - includes an archive of all postings.