Re: can we trust Iraqi sources?

Hi.
i had a question regarding the figures that may have been already answered
but if so i missed it. How accurate would the pre 1991 mortality rates be
that I suppose are the basis for sanction related death estimates. It seems
coming out of the Iran Iraq war it would have been in the governments
interest to see those figures deflated to add to the sense of the "victory
that wasn't" if those rates were deflated obviously that would make things
even more messy.
Andrew