RE: going... going... gone--hope from Montana and all over

Dear Colleagues,

     Surely it is reasonable at times  to feel the full measure futility   as
the media and the government wants us to feel

     I feel, however,  that it is our duty to continue to struggle against the
wars of faithful lapdogs of empire  Bush and  Blair. Though these war mongers
revel in their aliance with wealth and  weapons, the war mongers and their
minions are few and their propaganda is thin while we are many and our case is
compelling.

    The mainstream media despeartely requires that we  believe resistance is
both futile and  isolated. As an antidote, I start the day by going to
wwww.commondreams.org to discover how people around the world  are resisting
the orthodox maddness. I am heartened with the scope and depth of resistance
from unlikely  places such as  Montana.  I am encourgaged that a teacher from
Pennsylvania has written  me about a student who refuses to take the "Pledge
of Allegence" because of U.S. crimes against the children of Iraq. Even here
in the belly of the beast, Washington, D.C., thousands have marched against
the war. In London, the turnout was even better.

    We can exercise control over the content of our consciousness. Or,  we can
watch TV and dull our critical facilities or we can go to the best of the
websites and learn from each other and reinforce each other's actions.

    I'm eager to learn how other people are coping with the crisis. The lives
of the children of Afghanistan and Iraq (and ultimately the lives of our own
children) hang in the balance.

Tom

P.s. In the U.S. a large student antiwar movement is mobilizing and has
already held antiwar actions on over 140 campuses. Nothing of this sort
occurred during the war against Vietnam until years into that crime.

>===== Original Message From Salwa de Vree <sdevree@email.com> =====
>Dear Casi Colleagues,
>
>What are we doing? Sending eachother emails about an imminent war on Iraq;
being so well informed; writing letters & articles; and taking to the streets?
And all for what? Will it prevent Bush and his cronies from going ahead with
their war on Iraq anyway? No! We - the people - couldn't stop it from
happening in Afghanistan. While we are busy reading, writing and sending
articles, the wealthiest nation in the world continues to pound the poorest
nation in the world. And we continue to read, write and send, and demonstrate.
It's futile. Iraq is next and we cannot stop it. Or can we? Can we? I am at a
loss. All I know is that I cannot read another futile word or see another
futile demonstration.