order sanctions breaking dates now!

Dear all,

just an announcement re sanctions breaking dates.

Voices Uk are importing a load of sanctions breaking dates this NOvember for sale in the 11 days of action 20 November- 30 November.

The dates cost £4 for a 0.5 kg pack, discounts for bulk orders/ retailers.

Groups or individuals wishing to buy dates contact me ASAP on 020 8554 2205 or through this email. (UK orders only please, other folk should be importing to the US and elsewhere.)

Send cheques/ postal orders to Voices in the Wilderness, via me, 17 Peth Road, Gant's Hill, Ilford, Essex  IG2 6BX

We are working to a tight deadline, thus far we have only committed to buying enough dates to sell through our own networks,deadline for orders is 1 November, big orders we need to know about much sooner.

 The dates are being bought by Bridges to Baghdad, an Italian NGO which has several humanitarian aid projects in Iraq. Last Christmas they imported six tonnes to Italy. They will get the dates to us. Last year the dates originated from Abu Al Kasib, a village in southern Iraq 20 km. from Basra, and were bought directly from the local farmers. Then they were shipped to Baghdad where they were stored by a local co-operative. They didn't buy them from the government date company.

The money that Bridges make from the dates go to fund projects in the area where the dates come from. Last year's revenue was spent on a project in Al Mudayna, a very poor town in southern Iraq, north of Basra. Any money Voices make will go to Voices ongoing work on sanctions.

Buying or selling the dates is subject to  the same legal instrument as taking sanctions breaking goods to Iraq, ie criminal offence punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment

They are selling fast, first come first served!

Richard Byrne

Voices in the Wilderness UK

Do You Yahoo!?
NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. Yahoo! by Phone.