Re: Iraqi Women

Dear Mr Al-Alak
The most recent medical pulication pertaining to your topic is a medical
news report in the BMJ ( see details below) . Its not really a study but a
general report on increased incidence of cancers associated with plutonium
remains. It also does not report on different prevalence of diseases in men
and women; I think there are few studies published in medical journals that
have described selective gender effects of radiation in Iraq.

Gulf war leaves legacy of cancer
Malcolm Aitken
BMJ 1999; 319: 401.

I direct your attention to a useful search tool the web address of which is
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
If you choose to search Pubmed ( theres a pull down menu on the left hand
side) and type in the appropriate keywords e.g. Iraq, plutonium, etc. then
you may get a list of publications relating to your research needs.

Good luck
M. Moukayed

Subject: Iraqi Women