    From: Ornella Sangiovanni <ornella.sangiovanni@tiscalinet.it>
    To: soc-casi-discuss@lists.cam.ac.uk <soc-casi-discuss@lists.cam.ac.uk>
    Date: 26 August 2001 20:13
    Subject: Anti-sanctions Ad Page: a Proposal

    Dear all,
    as the mainstream media refuse to report the truth and to publish fair
and well-informed pieces on the situation of Iraq and the need for the
immediate and unconditional lifting of sanctions, Hans von Sponeck put
forward a suggestion that I am now submitting to you for discussion.

    The idea is to buy a full-page ad in the International Herald Tribune,
which would feature an anti-sanctions text, to be discussed, agreed upon and
signed by as many as possible anti-sanctions groups in Europe.