RE: "1979 Protocol"

Dear Colleagues,

     Many thanks to Nathaniel Hurd  for pointing out that I might be sowing
confusion by refering to Article 54 of "the 1979 Protocol" I  should have said
the 1977 Protocol which entered into force in 1979.

     Here is the full title:

       Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and
relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts
(Protocol 1) Adopted on 8 June 1977 by the Diplomatic Conference on the
Reaffirmation and Development of International Humanitarian Law applicable in
Armned Conflicts entry into force 7 December 1979...

Sincerely,

Tom