Do NOT open 'parking fine' e-mail attachment & if u did follow these instructions (virus)

Dear all

If you received a file with subject 'parking fine' and opened that
attachment then you are probably infected with the same virus that infected
me. So click on this link and download the cure:
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html also read the
following info:

 ----------------------

> VIRUS WARNING
>
> Many of you will have received multiple copies of a computer virus during
> the past week from people who have you listed in their email address book.
>
> The virus is called "W32.Sircam.Worm@mm" and affects computers running
> Windows.
>
> It does not affect computers running the Mac operating system.
> Additionally, Mac computers (which I use) do not replicate or send out the
> virus.
>
> You have received the virus if you have received any e-mails containing an
> attachment with the message:
>
> >Hi! How are you?
> >
> >I send you this file in order to have your advice
> >
> >See you later. Thanks
>
> or something similar. As long as you didn't click on the file, you're
> okay. If you did, the information below will help you out.
>
> Please note that the attachments sent out by this virus are randomly
> selected from your hard drive and may therefore contain personal files.
> The data on your computer is also in danger of getting damaged.
>

> CURE INFO
>
> The following link to a page at the Symantec AntiVirus Research
> Center website offers more information about the virus, how to detect
> it, and offers a downloadable cure:
> http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html
>

> Please note that, in general, there are easy ways to protect your
> computer from contracting viruses:
>
> 1) Install anti-virus software on your computer.
> http://www.symantec.com/downloads/
>
> 2) Scan attachments and floppy discs with anti-virus software.
>
> 3) Do not open unsolicited attachments, especially any file that ends in
> *.exe.
>
> 4) Back up your important data regularly. If your computer contracts a
> particularly bad virus, you may lose data forever.
>
> Finally, don't panic. Although clicking on an attachment in an e-mail CAN
> give your computer a virus, simply reading an e-mail with a virus attached
> to it cannot.
>
> Nigel Parry
> nigel@nigelparry.com
> http://nigelparry.com

> Small business owners...
> Tell us what you think!
> http://promo2.yahoo.com/sbin/Yahoo!_BusinessNewsletter/survey.cgi
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/w1nolB/TM
> first.
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email from your subscribed account
> to:  nigelparry-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com and that will do it.
>
> This list is archived and searchable at:
>
> For information about Nigel Parry's debut CD, This Side Of Paradise, which
> includes several songs written about the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict,
> please see http://www.thissideofparadise.org/
>
> Please note that Nigel Parry does not control the content of the brief
> advertising messages that appear in Yahoo Groups messages.

__

> Views expressed on MSANEWS do not necessarily represent those of the
MSANEWS