can anyone make sense of the Russian SCR draft?

Dear all

I've looked at the Russian SCR draft and it's even more incomprehensible than the British draft.

As far as I could tell it just involves tinkering around with oil for food, maintaining the escrow account.

 I couldn't figure out if there was anything in there about allowing foreign loans and credits for infrastructure repairs, which could be in Russia's interest, preuming Russian companies got the work.

It looked unlikely to me that the Iraqis would accept it. In fact i was hard put to figure out how it differed from the British draft

Can anyone make any more sense of it?

Richard Byrne

  Seb Wills <saw27@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

CASI has been sent copies of the British and Russian draft Security
Council Resolutions on Iraq (dated 22nd May).

They can be viewed at:

British: http://www.casi.org.uk/info/ukdraftscr010522.pdf
Russian: http://www.casi.org.uk/info/russiadraftscr010522.pdf

Regards