chlorine

Dear all,

<It was in March 1991 that UNICEF and the ICRC first brought Chlorine into the <country. At that time water tests showed no traces of Chlorine at all. In those <days the main problem was as with many other items, no NGO or UN <organization had the money to supply the amounts needed for a whole country. <As far as I remember, during my time in 1991 and 1992 Chlorine was regularly <supplied and distributed

Thanks to Ms Skinner for this information. I take it that the supply and distribution of chlorine was at this point largely under the control of (and the responsibility of) the UN, as opposed to Iraqi health officials who had hitherto dealt with it. I would be very interested in having a look at some of the documentary records for the assessment and supply of chlorine needs for this period. Can anyone help??

Cheers,    Tim