Re: Banned Goods

> With respect, Colin, I think this is nonsense. Holds
> have *tripled*
> over the last year in what seems to be a direct
> response to
> "sanctions erosion." Furthermore, the U.S. State
> Department has
> been *totally* stonewalling Congressional inquiries
> about the
> problem, and has failed to back changes at the 661
> Committee
> that they have privately told Congress they agree
> with (such as a
> line-item veto in contracts).

Thanks Ramsey; yes, I don't know how much of the story
this the one that I presented is.  It's the position
that was presented in a short telephone conversation
in February; I've not since gone back to look into
this.

Thanks also for the information on Congressional
inquiries: I know nothing about these.

> Regards,
> Ramsey Kysia
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Education for Peace in Iraq Center (EPIC)
> 1101 Pennsylvania Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20003
> tel. 202-543-6176;  fax 202-543-0725
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Check out our WEBSITE, now updated weekly...
> http://www.saveageneration.org
> --

> This is a discussion list run by the Campaign
> Against Sanctions on Iraq
> For removal from list, email
> soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk
> Full details of CASI's various lists can be found on
> the CASI website:
> http://www.casi.org.uk

=====
Colin Rowat