'blocked or disallowed'

>Elizabeth, there's no such thing as a list of banned items, but
>here's a list of items that have at one time or another been part of a
>contract the 661 Committee has blocked or disallowed:
>http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~progress/flyers/banned.html
>
>This list is problematic, I know, but I've used items from the list on
>a table to demonstrate the effect of sanctions & it is a powerful
>display. As long as you don't claim that these items are "banned"
>per se, I think you're okay..

My understanding is that this list *isn't* 'a list of items that have at one
time or another been part of a  contract the 661 Committee has blocked or
disallowed.' Rather it was compiled by its author by striking out, from a
list of goods, those items which *he* considered  to be food, medicine or
(in the wording of 687) 'supplies for essential civlian needs.' The list is
therefore *not* a record of the behaviour (past or present) of the Sanctions
Committee.

Best wishes,

Gabriel
voices in the wilderness uk