Here it is SUNY Oswego Resolution

Friends

    Enjoy.   Again, this was a mix of liberal and conservative students so
some stuff such as the Terrorist Elimination Act  may not be hooah for some
but the sanctions here are the key.  As a veteran, I love my nation immensly
and would answer the call..but our policy in Iraq is an utter failure.

    Thanks to all who s resolutions I copied some stuff from.  Im grateful..

Yours in Peace and Brotherhood
Larry

Senate
36th Legislative Session
29th Meeting

Student Association Resolution [SLE.36.23]
Condemnation of Iraqi Sanctions

WHEREAS,    the United Nations, particularly the United States, has enforced
the most extensive embargo in history on the people of Iraq for ten years
which have had the reverse effect of harming the people it was supposed to
help.

WHEREAS,    the sanctions have caused the death of over 1.4 million Iraqi
citizens and are killing children under the age of five at the rate of 5000 a
month according to the United Nations

WHEREAS,    the Iraqi people have suffered more than enough for the crimes of
an unelected dictator and do not deserve to be "living from hand to mouth."
(The Economist 12-12-98)

WHEREAS,    the sanctions clearly violate the Universal Declaration of Human
Rights (established December 10, 1948 by the U.N. General Assembly)
Specifically, these articles of the Preamble: Article 5, "No one shall be
subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or
punishment."  Article 25 declares, "(1) Everyone has the right to a standard
of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his
family, including food, clothing, housing, and medical careā€¦"

WHEREAS,    this resolution DOES NOT condemn the brave American and Allied
servicemen and women who diligently answered their nation's call nor condone
the despicable rule of Saddam Hussein

WHEREAS,    this issue directly concerns us as the sanctions are turning
Iraqis or our generation against the United States and it Allies which sows
the seeds of more conflict in the region in our lifetimes even after Hussein
is out of power.

    THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Student  Association Senate of Oswego
State University that the we commit ourselves to the attached
conditions.

SUBMITTED BY:
Chrystina Hubbell, Funnelle Hall
Larry Provost, Off Campus

1-We publicly support the lifting of the economic sanctions on Iraq with
special conditions for military technology and machinery, and expanded
humanitarian efforts to help the Iraqi people recover from the crushing
defeat of the sanctions

    2-We commit ourselves, COPE, and other interested campus groups to an
educational project informing students about the effects of the sanctions.

    3-We call on local religious, political, and civic groups to respond to
the needs of the Iraqi community in bringing an end to this unnatural
disaster.

    4-We call upon the administration of SUNY Oswego to provide financial and
academic resources in conjunction with the Student Association in bringing an
end to this unnatural disaster.

    5-We will submit press releases concerning this resolution to the
Palladium Times, the Herald Journal, The New York Times, and USA Today.

    6-We authorize the End the Sanctions Against Iraq Signature Ad Campaign
to include the name of the SUNY Oswego Student Association Senate in the list
of signatories to appear in advertisements to be taken out by the party
mentioned above in newspapers and other forms of media.

    7-We will give copies of this resolution to the Bishop of Syracuse, Mayor
John J Gosek, the Oswego and National Headquarters of the Veterans of Foreign
Wars and the American Legion, Congressman John McHugh, Congressman Jim Walsh,
Senator Charles Schumer, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary of State
Hon. Colin L. Powell and President George Bush asking their support.

    8-We also need to express our heartfelt gratitude to our American and
Allied brethren who sacrificed to do a job that Allied governments chose not
to finish whether it be because of media images or "balance of power"
diplomacy.