my broadcast on 5 live

Dear listmembers,
Did anyone hear my little contribution to Nicky Campbell's radio show this morning?
They were asking listeners for teir favorite moments on tv. I rang in and nominated John Pilger's "Paying the Price", which showed that sanctions had killed up to half a million children. When Nicky Cambell said "That was a good piece of polemic" I took issue with him, pointing out that the former assistant secretary-general of the UN, Dennis Halliday, has described the sanctions as a genocide(in an interview with Pilger). I then told him that the media should be doing more to bring this too the attention of the British people, instead of concentrating on trivia.

Best wishs,     Tim