Amman declaration

Whilst the final communique of the Arab summit does not mention Iraq due
to the unresolved differences, there was an "Amman Declaration" issued by
consensus. The paragraph on Iraq is unspecific. I haven't found an
official translation, but the Arabic text, from the official Jordan
News Agency, is at: http://www.petranews.gov.jo/2001/87/ar8724.htm

My trans of the relevant section is:

[We declare:]
"The call to lift the sanctions on Iraq, and dealing with the humanitarian
issue concerning the prisoners and the Kuwaiti missing and the Iraqi
missing, from the basis of our Arab national, religious and
humanitarian heritage."
(28 March 2001)

The Declaration is not binding, but is significant nonetheless.

Glen Rangwala.