FW: [no-sanctions] Iraq Action Digest: HR 742

apols if this is a double posting, best, f.

----------
From: "doug" <dhostetter@forusa.org>

Subject: [no-sanctions] Iraq Action Digest: HR 742
Date: Wed, Mar 14, 2001, 1:14 am

My apologies to all for the recent abatement of the Iraq Action Digest. I've
been working out of the Western Washington FOR office for a couple months,
away from my address book, but will return to New York and my normal
schedule at the end of this month.

ACTION ALERT, 3/8/01
We have a bill!  Call your congressperson and ask that he or she co-sponsor
the Humanitarian Exports Leading to Peace Act (HR 742--the HELP Act)
introduced by Representative Conyers and cosponsored by 10 others.  If
passed, HR 742 would allow U.S. farmers, humanitarian aid organizations, and
U.S. companies to send food, medical supplies, and agricultural goods
directly to Iraq, and would hasten an end to the economic sanctions.  To
read more about H.R. 742 go to: http://congress.gov

More about the bill will be posted later this week at
http://saveageneration.org when EPIC debuts its Washington Watchers homepage
(once called CongressWatch).

Your house member's homepage can be found at: http://www.house.gov
 The Honorable (full name)
 U.S. House of Representatives
 Washington, DC 20515
Or call the Congressional Switchboard: 202/225-3121  When calling, ask for
the staffer who handles foreign policy. Be prepared to leave a brief voice
message and your phone number if necessary.  You can also e-mail your member
of Congress from http://www.afsc.org/conscience/.

This is a promising bill--let's give it all our support!

Lauren Fleer
Fellowship of Reconciliation
(206)789-5565 (until March 23)
iraq@forusa.org