RE: "White list"?

Don't expect different departments of the UK state to be singing from the
same book: the Home Office wants to deport refugees, so it says that
everything is alright. The Foreign Office wants to demonise Saddam, so it
says that everything is all wrong.

If you want another example of massive contradictions within the government,
look at the Supergun Affair, during which Customs and Excise were shafted by
the rest of the government, mainly the DTI.

Chris Williams