Blix: No Evidence that Iraq is Re-Arming

Note that Arms Control Today (ACT) interviewed Hans Blix on 12 June 2000. Excerpted from:

<http://www.armscontrol.org/ACT/julaug00/blixjulaug.html>
Arms Control Today
Vol. 30, No. 6
July/August 2000
Anticipating Inspections: UNMOVIC Readies Itself for Iraq
Interview with Hans Blix [Executive Chairman, UNMOVIC]

"ACT: Is there any indication that Iraq is trying to rearm?

Blix: No, I don't think you can say that. Sometimes there are reports in the media from
intelligence organizations that they are watching the procurement efforts here and there, but we
have nothing to substantiate that."