expert needed

Dear all,

  I received the request below from a lawyer friend of mine. Anyone knows
  someone who could help?

  Please let me know.

  Nadje

" We are in need of an expert in Iraqi affairs who could give evidence
for the Defence regarding the difficulty/impossibility of transferring money
from Iraq by regular means. The case concerns a man charged with
handling stolen goods whose evidence is that he purchased large quantities of
antiques on behalf of his cousin (with money sent by the cousin) who was
planning to come from Iraq to the UK and set up an Antique store. The
difficulty is not having any receipts for the remittance of funds which
the Defendant says was brought by friends and family. Leaving aside the
plausibility of this defence, we simply need somebody who can speak to
the internal economic/political restrictions in Iraq. Obviously an expert
would be compensated, but I am not sure at what rate. Trial is in Lewes
and thus would be best to have someone as local as possible. If you have
any ideas we would be most grateful!!!

Best email address for me now is blackwalsh@onetel.net.uk

  Martha Welsh
  ___________________________
___________________________

Dr Nadje Al-Ali
Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies
University of Exeter
Old Library
Prince of Wales Road
Exeter EX4 4JZ
Tel.: (o) (+44)  (0) 1392 264026
mobile:  (+44)  (0) 7801 931869
Fax:        (+44)       (0) 1392 264 035
Visit the Institute's Website:
http://www.ex.ac.uk/iais