Re: "Allies deliberately poisoned Iraq public water supply in Gulf Wa r"

For some reason I omitted to send the reply to this message to the casi list.
Apologies for being late.

Larry Provost makes an important point that the true perpertrators of the war
crimes are not the American people.  rather they are the American government.  (I

think it only fair though to acknowledge that neither John Smith nor Felicity
Arbuthnot have ever suggested otherwise).  Of course, other governments bear
equal responsibility (i.e. Britain's) or at least some responsibility (most other

European and Middle Eastern governments, including of course that of Iraq).  The
American, british, Iraqi and other peoples are the ones who may be able to solve
these problems through agitation and direct action to end this horrible war of
over ten years against the peoples of Iraq.

No people should ever be blamed for the sins of its government. This is obviously

as true of the Iraqis as anyone else.  We need to be inspired by the events in
Serbia and the growing mood of anti-capitalist militancy to plan more and more
anti-war protests and occupations so this anti-war movement can grow as
successfully and decisively as that against the US bombardment of Vietnam in the
60s and 70s.

A public meeting is being held in Manchester on 26th October 2000, 7.30 p.m., St
Peter's Chaplaincy, Oxford Rd to discuss the causes and possible solutions of the

war against the peoples of Iraq (whom John Smith correctly identifies as the real

victims).

Jason Travis,
Greater Manchester Coalition Against Sanctions and War on Iraq