Support our petition against the sanctions

Campaign to End Iraq Sanctions has started a new petition drive to bring about
an end to Irish compliance of the sanctions on Iraq.

The petition, addressed to the speaker of the Dail, says:

"Ceann Comhairle,

     Ten years of brutal sanctions and repeated bombing have destroyed Iraq and
made life impossible for itís 22 million people. Over 1.5 million people have
died as a direct
result of the sanctions. Over half a million were children below the age of 5
years.

     We are past the point where silence is passive consent - when a crime
reaches these proportions, silence is complicity. (Noam Chomsky, Edward Said,
Howard Zinn)

     We ask that the Dail pass a resolution demanding that the government stop
complying with the sanctions immediately."

-------------------------------------

The Campaign is calling upon activists and groups alike in Ireland and elswhere
to support our petition drive by circulating copies of the petition to members
and other individuals.
The petiton in pdf format may be downloaded from:

http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/iraq.html

To receive printed copes of the petition by mail, please call 6727803 or 087
6888853 or
email to sandeep@gofree.indigo.ie

Address to return the petitions:

Campaign to End Iraq Sanctions -- Ireland
125 Winter Garden
Pearse Street, Dublin 2

In solidarity,
Sandeep