Re: "Allies deliberately poisoned Iraq public water supply in Gulf Wa r"

Dear friends,

Larry Provost wrote to criticise my use of the term "enemy of humanity".
I just
want to say that I welcome his sincere comments, and want to make it
clear that I
regard the US government and the billionaire ruling families who control
it as
the enemy of humanity. The people of the USA, including rank-and-file
soldiers,
are part of the same humanity that I feel part of.
I would also point out that here I am participating as an individual in
a debate
among anti-sanctions activists. It is important that we all speak our
minds and
say what we believe to be true. I would be far more cautious about
describing the
US government as the #1 enemy of humanity in public campaign material,
although
this belief should certainly underlie and inform our message.
I felt it was important not to mince words here, since I think there are
great
dangers in getting sucked into debate with representatives of the enemy,
especially if we do not even recognise that this is what they are.

John S