Re: "Allies deliberately poisoned Iraq public water supply in Gulf Wa r"

Friends

    Greetings.  In re to this heated issue, let me just say that even if the
United States is doing horrid acts throughout the world and is by this
rationale.."the enemy of humanity" where does that leave other nations who
either make real mistakes and/or are delibaretely evil?  Does that make them
the scum of humanity.  I think for all of you  (who are much more active in
the sanctions issue) the way to convince more Americans that the sanctions
are wrong are not to label the American military or America as the enemy of
humanity.  We have to be careful, not of pointing fingers, but labeling what
I know to be a great nation despite its faults.  (This is a whole other
debate and we can spend forever pointing fingers at our respective nations.)

    The reason I say this is twofold; first of all I am an American soldier
who loves my nation dearly.  Secondly, returning from a PEACE conference
today at my school, I made the statement that we are all citizens of the
world.  Are these contradictions, I dont think so; but remember that not
everyone has this sort of worldly view where they see themselves, and then
others, and themselves/others in a relationship at the same time.  In order
to win more Americans to your cause (as I feel too the sanctions should be
lifted) I would ask that we not tone our passions but also not label others.
You must understand that the American people dont know about this and need to
be educated.  One thing we dont like is to be labeled.  We can do better in
this endeavor, I know it

    I thank all of you for your time and wish you the best of luck and
prayers.

With God's Peace,

Larry Provost
US Army Veteran