Re: The government in court tomorrow

Thank you Seb for sharing this information. I'm very interested in
learning more about this case (how did Jerry Thring get the high court to
have a case against the gov't on this issue? Who is Jerry Thring? :) What
has been the response thus far from the court? What about the media
coverage?)

Please share whatever you know :)

Thanks,
-Rania

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Seb Wills wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This message is to pass on information about an event you might be
> interested in - I'm not involved with it.
>
> Tomorrow is the second hearing in the high court case against the
> government (about sanctions on Iraq) which is being brought by James
> Thring. I've been asked to encourage you to go to the hearing, either out
> of interest in what will take place or to show support.
>
> The hearing will be in court room 67 in the High Court on the Strand in
> London (it's opposite No. 1, Strand). It will start at midday or soon
> after.
>
> FFI call 020 7582 3734 this evening.
>
> regards
>
> seb
>
> --
> This is a discussion list run by the Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq
> For removal from list, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk
> Full details of CASI's various lists can be found on the CASI website:
> http://welcome.to/casi

---
        ".. not to believe in the possibility of dramatic change is to
forget that things have changed, not enough, of course, but enough to show
what is possible. We have been surprised before in history. We can be
surprised again. Indeed, we can do the surprising."
        - Howard Zinn, 'You can't be neutral on a moving train.' (p.83)
                                                                        ----