Honk If You Want to Lift the Sanctions on Iraq

--A little humor--

I found this at
http://www.iraq-marshes.com/articles.html

Honk If You Want to Lift the Sanctions on Iraq

     5/28/2000

     The other day I went to the local Arabic
bookstore, where I saw a "Honk If You Want to
     Lift the Sanctions on Iraq" bumper sticker. I
bought it and put it on the back bumper of
     my car, and I'm really glad I did. What an
uplifting experience followed.

     I was stopped at the light at a busy
intersection, just lost in thought about Iraq, and
didn't
     notice that the light had changed. That bumper
sticker really worked. I found lots of
     people who love Iraq. Why? The guy behind me
started to honk like crazy and pretty
     soon he leaned out his window and yelled
something as load as he could. It was like a
     football game.

     Everyone else started honking too, so I leaned
out my window and waved and smiled to
     all those loving people. There must have been a
guy from Florida back there because I
     could hear him yelling something about a SUNNY
BEACH, and saw him waving in a
     funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in
the air. I asked my kids what that meant!
     They kind of squirmed, looked at each other,
giggled and told me that it was the Hawaiian
     good luck sign. So, I leaned out the window and
gave the good luck sign back.

     Several cars behind, a very nice black man
stepped out of his car and yelled something. I
     couldn't hear him very well, but it sounded like,
"MOTHER IS A TRUCKER." Maybe he
     was from Florida too. A couple of people were so
caught up in the joy of the moment
     that they got out their cars and were walking
toward me. I bet they wanted to
     congratulate me, but just then I noticed that the
light had changed, and stepped on the
     gas. And a good thing I did, because I was the
only driver to get across the intersection. I
     looked back at them standing there. I leaned way
out the window, gave them a big smile
     and held up the Hawaiian good luck sign, as I
drove away.

     Saad Farage

=====
Iraq Resource Information Site