Re: U.K. Govt policy on suspending/lifting sanctions

Dear Moonirah:

If you look closely at my post to the list, you will see
that this is not the first time that I have asked for
clarification from the Foreign Office. My post incorporates
a reply from the Foreign Office from November 1999.

I am aware of the quote from Robin Cook you give. It does
not clarify the matter. For example, does he mean that the
sanctions cannot be lifted to any degree until this issue
is resolved, or that they cannot be lifted in their
entirety?

I would be very grateful if you would send me a copy of the
letter from Robin Cook. Please use the address given below.

With best wishes

Eric

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:25:10 EDT KUWAIT605@aol.com wrote:

> Many did their dissecting and explanations, more queried matters....that was
> four months ago and I would like to ask, why is is only now that an educated
> professional has asked for clarification from the Foreign Office ?
> >
> How is it that my posts regarding facts were not questioned ?

> I shall soon post Robin Cook's letter dated 19th March 1998 to Michael Howard
> QC, copied to me, in which he also stated Britain supports efforts of those
> such as the Kuwait N.C.M.P.A. and H.E.L.P. in reply to my queries about the
> 605, in which he signed: "Sanctions cannot be lifted until this issue is
> resolved."

----------------------
Dr. Eric Herring
Department of Politics