Re: Re:Voices UK Letter-writing Campaign draft letters

Dear Moonirah

Thank you for your letter. It is true that we did not consult Denis Halliday
when drafting these letters

The letters designed to help people in Iraq by putting pressure on the US
and British governments to allow desperately-needed spare parts and
equipment for the Iraqi oil industry into Iraq - as recommended by the UN
Secretary-General and various UN-appointed oil experts.

Without this equipment, oil production will fall, oil revenues will fall,
the flow of humanitarian goods will decline, more people will die.

We believe that focussing on this issue is a vital priority for
humanitarians at this time, as indicated by its prominence in the
Secretary-General's report of 10 March. Others will differ in their
assessment of priorities. Let us all work together when we can, in a spirit
of mutual tolerance.

As we indicated in our covering note, we certainly
accept that people will adapt the letter as they think appropriate.

Best wishes

Milan Rai

Milan Rai
158 Springfield Road Brighton BN1 6DG