leafleting

Just thought I'd mention that we had quite a successful attempt to raise
awareness of sanctions in Newcastle yesterday by handing out leaflets -
we handed out some VITW leaflets, and some others using the text from
the Leeds group.  I got about 400 (A5) flyers done up, thinking they
would last ages, but they were gone within half an hour, and there were
only two of us handing them out.  We had about 5 different A3 posters
printed out aswell, which were suprisingly effective and got a lot of
attention.  Luckily, there was a band playing nearby, so lots of people
were stopping nearby.  I was also approached by some Iraqi men, who were
doctors, and they thanked me for what I was doing.  They even posed for
a couple of photos with me.

Anyway, it was very successful and definitely made me feel a bit more
positive about campaigning - i was anticipating a bit of opposition. The
only people who wouldn't take leaflets were one or two old men, who
apparently didn't agree with our aims.

Anyway, if anyone has any more texts for leaflets it would be a great
help.  I'm looking forward to doing this again!

Ronan