RE: IRAQ BOOK

Title: RE: IRAQ BOOK

M,

As I have no financial connection with the book, I feel free to promote it shamelessly.

The book is "Iraq Under Siege : The Deadly Impact of Sanctions and War", edited by Anthony Arnove.   It's available through Amazon.com and will ship within 24-hours.  The Economist gave it an excellent review, which Rania Masri previously posted <http://www.ex-parrot.com/casi/discuss/2000/374.html> (she co-authored a chapter).

I've just ordered two copies, myself.  A full description can be found here <http://www.lbbs.org/sep/iraq.htm>, as can the Table of Contents:

Anthony Arnove Introduction

The Roots of US/UK Policy

Naseer Aruri -- US Policy on Iraq: 1990-1999
Phyllis Bennis and Denis Halliday Iraq -- The Impact of Sanctions and U.S. Policy (Interview with David Barsamian)
Noam Chomsky US Iraq Policy -- Motives and Consequences

Myths and Realities

John Pilger -- Collateral Damage
Voices in the Wilderness -- Ten Myths About Sanctions
Robert Fisk -- The Hidden War
Rania Masri and Ali Abunimah -- The Media’s Deadly Spin on Iraq
Howard Zinn -- One Iraqi’s Story

Life Under Sanctions

Kathy Kelly -- Raising Voices: The Children of Iraq 1990-1999
Barbara Nimri -- Aziz Targets--Not Victims
George Capaccio -- Killing a Country and a People

Documenting the Impact of Sanctions

Dr. Peter Pellett -- Sanctions, Food, Nutrition, and Health in Iraq
Dr. Huda S. Ammash -- The Impact of Sanctions on the Environment and Health in Iraq

Activist Responses

Edward Said, Noam Chomsky, Ed Herman, Howard Zinn, Robert Jensen, William Keach, June Jordan, Angela Davis, Carlos Muñoz, Jr, and Sharon Smith.   Sanctions Are Weapons of Mass Destruction

Noam Chomsky -- Sanctions as Biological Warfare
Sharon Smith -- Building the Movement to End Sanctions

Regards,
Drew Hamre
Golden Valley, MN USA