latest news on the italian plane

hello to all,

Here is the latest information based upon an interview with the Jordanian
Press Ministry on the Arabic Al-Jazeera, the Jordanian government has
forced the plane to land in Jordan, and then they arrested the pilot for
misleading the Jordanian authorities. The Minister also said that Jordan
will not allow any further use of Jordanian airspace for such activities.
The reporter asked him if he had received such an order (i.e. if Cohen,
who was in Jordan yesterday, gave him that order); the Minister denied
that charge.

The Al-Jazeera reporter also said something very important: he said that a
French official said that no UN resolutions ban flights into Iraq.  This
is a key statement that we need to publicize in the US and UK.

I don't have any more information -- as soon as I learn more, especially
getting source and accurate quotes, I will share it with you.

-Rania Masri