Re: August 2000: 10th anniversary idea

I think Colins idea is good. In addition to sending drawings, letters and
such, people could send in photos of themselves, family members or their own
children.

Burning the images of 500,000 people would be visually extremely powerful, as
well being a visual representation of each child murdered.

On a practical level it may be also be easier for people to be asked to send
in a picture of loved one, rather than write a poem or draw a picture etc.

I can understand if perhaps people are unhappy about burning images of their
own family or themselves, but that is the point, to make people identify, on a
personal level, with the terrible loss and suffering, the death of child in
the family causes.