World: Middle East

I wish to complain about the story: Saddam 'winning propaganda
war'.

1)      the title continues the policy of focussing on SH and building
him up even more

2)      the photo shows Tariq Aziz to help reinforce the idea of
Iraqi/SH propaganda

3)      "The United Nations Secretary-General has warned that the
international community is in danger of losing the propaganda war
with Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein". I don't think that the UNSG put it
this way at all - as a war with SH. In fact the 'war' has been with UN
officials, UNICEF, NGO's etc who have seen the evidence of the
genocide in Iraq for themselves. The US and UK try to blame the
sanctions on SH.

There is a huge propaganda effort involved in keeping these
murderous sanctions going and it is hard to admit that our
democratic country has a major share in something like 1 million
civilian deaths in Iraq.

Mark Parkinson
Cornwall