[Fwd: from Marinella - Italy - URGENT]

Forward from a friend -- Sandeep

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: from Marinella - Italy - URGENT
   Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:57:01 +0100
   From: "Un Ponte per" <ponteper@tin.it>
     To: <svaidya@bryhp545.ns-ie.lucent.com>

Dear Sandeep, due to some problems with the computer I cannot use
Internet. Please could you circulate (of course only if you agree with)
the idea of sending to the Presidents and Ministers of Oil of some Opec
members (Venezuela, Iran, Libya, Algeria at least) an appeal oin order
they raise the issue of the embargo during the next OPec conference,
netx week?

As Italian campaign we sent the following letter to those countries,
through their embassies in Italy or directly....

I shall write to you again about your contacts in India.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Marinella

Rome (Italy), 15-3-2000

The Italian Campaign to stop the sanctions on Iraq asks the oil
exporting countries to raise the issue of the sanctions during the next
Opec Conference.

We are sure that you know about the sufferings of Iraqi people. Almost
10 years of sanctions caused the death of more than one million innocent
people. Iraq cannot actually export more oil because of the lack of
spare parts and other components for its oil industry.

Apparently, only few countries in the world are strongly in favour of
the sanctions: Unitede States, United Kingdom and some Gulf Kingdom. It
is time to isolate them politically!

Therefore we ask the other oil exporting countries to raise the issue in
this crucial moment when the importing countries ask them to produce
more oil in order to cut prices.

We are a coalition of associations, movements, local municipalities
acting towards Italy and other countries in order to remove the
sanctions on Iraq, a tool of genocide.

We thank you for your attention