Re: My Summary Of The Pilger Documentary (For Non-Uk Readers)

Thanks to the person who e-mailed me this addendum. Also check out Pilger's
page:

http://www.carltontv.co.uk/data/pilger/main.html

Thank you.

Hathal

You didn't mention that RAF pilots have been bombing fields of sheep, wiping
out entire flocks of sheep AND the shepherds who were looking after them.

The foreign office originally denied this but now admit it. Tony Blair
claims that RAF bombers are performing 'vital humanitarian tasks'.

If you ask me Tony Blair is worse than Robin Cook. At least Robin Cook HAS
BEEN KNOWN to TRY to implement ethical dimensions from time to time in
Britain's nominally (and farcically) ethical foreign policy. When Mr Cook
has tried to block arms exports to dubious regimes, Tony Blair has very
often overturned Cook's decisions and allowed the exports to go ahead. One
excuse he gave was that the conservatives issued a license for Hawk Jets to
go to Indonesia therefore he has to allow them to go. ie. The conservatives
say it's all right so it must be. Is this what Tony means when he says that
New Labour is on a mission to fight 'the forces of conservatism'?

Going off on a bit of a tangent there but basically I thought I should
mention the RAF's bombing of sheep, an action which is surely at least very
irresponsible; and the fact that shepherds were killed makes it an absolute
atrocity. Was this pilot getting bored and shooting at random stuff on the
ground or what?