UK televison news coverage of resignation(s)

I only received a couple of replies to my message from subscribers
to this list. It seems that you don't watch much TV - or news
programmes at least! My colleagues (teachers) don't seem to
either.

It would appear that nothing about the two resignations appeared
on any of the news programmes. It almost seems like policy on the
part of the broadcasters. I have suggested before that I think that
the TV media have a vital role to play. The UK government would
find it very difficult to maintain their hard (criminal?) stance if the
public got to see and hear a bit about the effects of sanctions.
Apart from regular news items how about a Panorama about the
sanctions? Anybody got any ideas on how to lobby the
broadcasters?

I did not see any TV last night (15th Feb) here in the UK. Can
anyone say whether the main news bulletins on TV covered this
story? news at 6pm, 7pm, 9pm, 11pm, Newsnight?

Mark Parkinson
Cornwall

Full archive and list instructions are available from the CASI website: