Sci/Tech Uranium on jet 'not a risk'

This is a quote from this article:

> Depleted uranium (DU) is a heavy substance, 1.7 times as dense as
> lead, and used in armour-piercing munitions. Many Gulf War veterans
> believe it is implicated in a range of medical problems they are
> suffering from, known collectively as Gulf War Syndrome.

Our Government does not want to acknowledge the possible
problems with DU. In particular Iraq is facing an enormous increase
in cancers and birth defects in the affected regions (and the
genocidal sanctions have prevented them dealing with these
effectively). There seems to be a conspiracy of silence when it
comes to Iraqi civilian casualties. Our only chance of getting our
Government to help these Iraqis is if you report these possible
problems. If you have not heard about these problems in Iraq I can
provide some references for you.

Mark Parkinson
Cornwall

Full archive and list instructions are available from the CASI website: