ACTIONS

Dear all,

I just want to give you another example of what can be done to support our
struggle against sanctions.

In Italy, the associations +ACI-A Bridge to Baghdad+ACI- and +ACI-Gulf Commitee+ACI- have
launched a campaign suggesting that the Italian government should
unilaterally restart trade with Iraq. We base our proposal on the fact that
sanctions (though imposed by the UN under International Law) are breaking
the International conventions on human rights, which have to be respected
above all other laws, in case of +ACI-conflict+ACI- between different measures.

Many associations are supporting this campaign.

On Christmas eve, when Catholic people use to go the Church fot the midnight
Chirstmas celebration, we will be out of the Cathedral of Milan (and in
other towns, I hope), distributing leaflets and asking for signatures of our
petition for the unilateral rejection of embargo.

I'll let you know if this action is successful.

Bye,

Eri Garuti
eri+AEA-deejay.it

Full archive and list instructions are available from the CASI website: