UK/US 'SOLID STANCE' - SANCTIONS 1999

Hi ! CASI LIST OF PARTICIPANTS.

I have been invited to visit the Middle East Department at our British Foreign Office in
London ( before I return to Kuwait ) at the end of this month (October), to discuss
various aspects relating to the British and US solid stance on sanctions, based on the
requirement of Iraq to release 605 hostages and PoWs still incarcerated by Saddam -
belonging to eight countries.

If you have further questions which are not answered to your satisfaction by the 27th,
please consider sending me a list of queries which I might include with our own H.E.L.P.
questions and e-mail the answers to you on return to Cardiff ?

Moonirah

( A UK RESIDENT, BRITISH NATIONAL )
> richard byrne wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Most reports say that besides Russia, China and France the other members of the
> fifteen strong security council back the Anglo-Dutch proposals for alterations
> to the sanctions regime. Who are the other members besides the permanent five,
> and what are their motives for supporting the anglo dutch proposals over the
> French ones?
>
> Peace
>
> Richard Byrne

> "SANCTIONS.KEY605-IN-IRAQ@news4u.co.uk"
> E-mail: <SANCTIONS.KEY605-IN-IRAQ@news4u.co.uk>
>
> The entire issue on Saddam in Iraq includes UN sanctions and 2 Resolutions,
> 687 signed 1991 and 1154 signed 1998 requiring the release of 605 third national
> and Kuwaiti hostages plus PoWs incarcerated from 1990 - 1991 by Saddam.

This is a discussion list run by the Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT
the whole list. Please do not send emails with attached files to the list
*** Archived at  http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html ***