Re: LA Times calls for an end to economic sanctions!

"...Iraq apparently is still capable of producing unconventional weapons..."

Just occurred to me; it's probably occurred to many of you previously.  When
were the first "unconventional" weapons designed and produced?  This brings
a whole new meaning to the by now popular description of Iraq being bombed
and sanctioned back to the stone age.  If Iraq is to be incapable of
producing a chlorine gas weapon, then it is to be de-industrialized back to
conditions resembling those of decades ago.  Infant and child mortality,
rates of school attendence, etc. are now comparable to 1950's and 60's
levels.

Andrew Loucks
The Global Movement to End the War
against Iraq - www.leb.net/globalmewi
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Three passions,simple but overwhelmingly
strong, have governed my life; the longing for love,
 the search for knowledge,and an unbearable pity
 for the sufferings of mankind.
                 -  Bertrand Russell