Re: Feminist perspectives on sanctions?

"We British humanitarian campaigners are glad to have reached the point of Iraq
agreeing to discuss at the Arab League Meeting TODAY, our subject of 605
hostages/PoWs/missing Kuwaitis plus third-nationals, dearly loved, sincerely missed
and wanted home !" Comments the humanitarian organisation H.E.L.P.

  "H.E.L.P." is supported by the world renowned Welsh Centre for International Affairs
  and the Cardiff United Nations Association, in the capital city of Wales, UK.

    Kuwaiti hostages were seen inside Iraqi prisons by Baroness Emma Nicholson,
    she stated publicly on UK Channel 4 TV in London, February 1998.

    As reported 1998 - 1999 by the British TV, Radio media and national press -
    it is a fact that a letter regarding 605 Kuwaiti and third-national hostages
    plus PoWs still  held in Iraq, signed 19 March 1998 by Foreign Secretary
    Robin Cook states quite clearly "sanctions cannot be lifted until this issue
    is resolved".  Some writers choose to focus on non-compliance of weapons'
    inspections - purposefully omitting the human face of this tragedy and with
    repeated 'speculation'  also misleading concerned individuals about 'sanctions'.

    It has been confirmed verbally again to H.E.L.P. by telephone recently when A New
    Draft Proposal was submitted to the UN by Britain appertaining to all aspects
of        this whole issue.

    i.e. Release of the 605 has always been requested within the syntax of United
    Nations Resolutions 1154 signed March 1998 and 687 signed February 1991.

    Humanitarians and political activists throughout the globe are today aware of
    these relevant points, which directly affect their debates, conferences,
petitions      and rallies.

    <ina@nisciraq.net>     IRAQI NEWS AGENCY MESSAGE TO WALES

  The Iraqi News Agency earlier this year replied to one of H.E.L.P.'s e-mails.
                      ***  e-mail to Wales from Saddam's regime:
           Re: un sanctions