Recent photos from Iraq

I have just returned from Iraq. I am a Canadian artist and I had the
opportunity to join a delegation of doctors taking medicines to Iraqi
hospitals. I took a very simple line drawing with me of a child held in
it's mother's hands.This image was laid out on the ground in the gardens of
the AL Rasheed Hotel in Baghdad. I used stones to form the image and more
stones will be added over time to make the image even more pronounced. I am
pursuing efforts to have this image laid out in the desert on a huge scale
so that the pilots may realise that they are bombing more then just empty
buildings and green blobs on their radar screens.
I wanted to do something positive that would recognize  the rights of the
Iraqi children. These rights are guaranteed under various international law
and have clearly have been ignored. I am starting the process towards
having our Prime Minister in Canada and our Foriegn Affairs Minister, tried
for crimes against humanity.
If you would like to see  photos from my trip, please go to
http://coastnet.com/dhouston/
Thank you
Deryk Houston
dhouston@coastnet.com
250 598-9908

Deryk Houston                 dhouston@coastnet.com
                              Victoria, B.C. Canada
     --                       voice: (250) 598-9908

  Web Page             http://coastnet.com/dhouston/

This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html