Re: Put the Foreign Office on trial !

Could I please unsubsribe from this list.  I didn't join it to have to
witness the sort of embittered ranting which gets organisations like ours
a bad name, as indeed does a petty act of vandalism.  Though I understand
the frustration which might lead a person to throw paint at a public
building, I fail to see what it achieved other than to further
discredit the name of people who oppose the sanctions against Iraq
peacefully and legally.

As the daughter of a former prisoner of conscience, I find it just a
little offensive that these people are being made to sound like prisoners
of conscience  when, though they acted in good faith, they committed a
pointless crime which has done nothing to alleviate the sufferings of the
Iraqi people.  Unlike the people of Iraq, they had the freedom to
make their protests in a dignified and constructive manner without fear of
arrest and torture.

We must oppose the illegal vandalism being done to Iraq but not by
becoming criminals ourselves.

F Sultana.