Re: Full context of that Albright quote

Dear Eric,

Here's the quote:

Leslie Stahl: "We have heard that a half million children have died (as a
result of sanctions against Iraq). I mean, that is more children than died
in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?"

Madeleine Albright: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price, we
think the price is worth it."

-- A CBS Sixty Minutes interview between Leslie Stahl and U.S. Secretary
of State Madeleine Albright, on 12 May 1996

As for the video footage, the International Action Center might have it on
tape. Phone: 212.633.6646

- Rania Masri

"In a sense, it is a total war against the past. ... History is being
erased, with no possibility of being recovered." -- Professor John Russell
of the Massachusetts College of Art

"[Babylon] is where you have ... the first examples of writing, the first
villages, the first wheel, the first boats," says Moyad Said, director of
Baghdad's Iraqi Museum. Yet the 20th century turmoil that now engulfs this
troubled region threatens to destroy Babylon's history forever.

--------
Iraq Action Coalition
http://leb.net/IAC/

This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html