Planning for mid-April; New Venue for National Coordinating Meeting 20 March

Dear All,

1) So far as we know, the three UN Security Council panels will be reporting back in mid-April. This seems to be the next big opportunity to make an impression on the sanctions issue. There's no doubt that US and UK officials are currently developing their plans for the next big PR blitz in mid-April. Those of us opposed to US/UK policy towards Iraq should be similarly prepared. This is a call for ideas.

Obviously one initiative at this time is the 17 April London demonstration called by Hugh Stephens and others. Perhaps we should make the week 12 - 18 April a National Week of Action on Sanctions?

2) I think a discussion on the soc-casi-discussion list would be valuable. The most appropriate forum for *decision-making*, however, would seem to be the National Coordinating Meeting of anti-sanctions groups, which meets 20 March (unfortunately the date of the Birmingham demo).

**There is a NEW VENUE for the 20 March meeting.
**11am-4pm, Torriano Meeting House, 99 Torriano Avenue, London NW5.
**This is a change from the previously advertised address.

Torriano Meeting House is five minutes' walk from Kentish Town tube station, which is also a Thameslink rail station. Kentish Town is just two stops up the Northern Line from Euston

A draft agenda will be compiled and distributed by viwuk. Any ideas should be forwarded to me, Milan Rai, at this email address, or to the postal address below.

Best wishes,

Mil

voices in the wilderness uk
12 Trinity Road, London N2 8JJ