Mariah Carey, Jordan and Iraq

>From USA TODAY Monday, February 8, 1999:

At a press conference to release her latest single, 'I Just
Called', an unremarkable cover version of Stevie Wonders
song, Mariah Carey expressed deep sorrow at the death of a
'dear friend'.  Mariah told CNN "I'm inconsolable at the
present time, I was a very good friend of Jordan, he was
probably the greatest basketball player this country has
ever seen. We will never see his like again."
When told by reporters that it was King Hussein of Jordan,
and not Michael Jordan, who had died, a dazed Mariah was
led away in tears by her security  staff.
          Mariah's press office released a statement later
saying that the      singer had been under 'enormous
pressure' recently, and would like to      apologise for
seeming a little vacant.  She also stated that her
thoughts were with Iraq at this 'terrible time'!!!

This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html