An evening for help the children of Iraq, London, 1st May

See below. (Alya Shakir, for those who met her in London, is playing the
piano in this event and is a very high standard player!).

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ahmed I Fahmi <aif20@mole.bio.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:25:25 +0100 (BST)

Dear all,
I have recieved a leaflet from Help the children of Iraq which advertizes
an evening of poetry reading and music. The event is in aid of Mariam
Hamza, a leukaemia patient, one of hundreds of Iraqi children that suffer
from the ailment. Mariam is being flown to the UK, with the special
approval of the United Nations for her treatment in a hospital in Glasgow,
which may involve bone marrow transplant.
Help the children of Iraq have organised this poetry event and asked me to
forward the message to CASI and whoever is interested.
The event is going to take place on Friday 1st May from 7 pm in St.Peter's
Church, Verse street, London W1. The nearest underground stations are Bond
street and Oxford Circus. Tickets are 10 pounds and 5 pounds cons for
students.
I have ten tickets on me for whoever is interested. I can be contacted on
01223-333630.

Please pass the message!

Warmest regards,

Ahmed

Mr Ahmed Fahmi
Department of Biochemistry
Tennis court road
University of Cambridge
Cambridge  CB2  1QW
Telephone: 01223-333630

This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html