Re: alternative policy to sanctions and war

Iraq is providing, in my view, a very welcome substitute for the Russian
Bear, a point of reference how we can define us (the "Western" world) as
clean and good rather than dirty and evil.

russia has failed to live up to the expectations of perpetual evil, and
failed to refrain from democratisation, so we have Iraq instead....

Well, at at least this contribution was not so lengthy.....

Petr

What is this life,                      Petr Barton
If, full of care,                       Clare College
We have no time                         CB2 1TL Cambridge
To stand and stare.                     England
Lenin is dying, and talking things over with Stalin, his successor.
"The one worry I have," says Lenin, "is this: will the people
follow you? What do you think, comrade Stalin?"
"They will," says Stalin, "they surely will."
"I hope so," says Lenin, "but what if they don't follow you?"
"No problem," says Stalin, "then they'll follow you."
This is a discussion list run by Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq.
To be removed/added, email soc-casi-discuss-request@lists.cam.ac.uk, NOT the
whole list. Archived at http://linux.clare.cam.ac.uk/~saw27/casi/discuss.html