The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] IRAQ IS GOING TO BE CUT OFF (PLEASE READ)!

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

Dear Friends,
                     Iraq Is going to be Cut off!

I am writing to confirm that Iraq is going to be cut of from the wider world and they are going to
have there telephones, internet and other items of communication and need cut off, from (what
sources have told me) the 4th January 2005 until after the elections on the 30th.

This was confirmed to me by a source in Baghdad early this morning 2/1/05 who also informed me that
she will also be isolated from her father, brother and sisters who now live out side of Iraq.  This
will also effect many Iraqi's as there is a population of a around three million who do not live in
Iraq and they too will also be isolated from friends and relatives.

What you can do to Help!

The Iraq Solidarity Campaign would like to encourage all people to contact their members of
parliament, local press, radio and TV stations, community and religious organisations, Trade Unions
and Anti-War Groups to inform and protest against this act by the USA of isolating an entire
country from the world.

We also advise that members of the Iraqi Community should also contact their friends and families
before the 4th January (although we have not yet had confirmation that this is the exact date) and
seek to maintain some kind of contact until after the elections.  We would also ask that members of
the Iraqi Community also write and make phone calls of protest to their nearest re-opened Iraqi
Embassy aswel as to their members of the British Parliament.

The Iraq Solidarity Campaign condemns this act of aggression by the occupying authorities
and demands that all communications be maintained at all times.

yours sincerely,

Mr. Hussein Al-Alak
Chair,
The Iraq Solidarity Campaign (UK)